Our Type 1 Floor pans, or chassis as they are sometimes called, are fabricated to suit all Meyers Manx kits and supplied rolling and ready to have your kit fitted.
The pans we require to be supplied are pans that are Ball Joint frame heads front and IRS Pivot box rear between the years 1968-1974. We do the following:
- Inspect supplied pan for all of its components to ensure a clean, quick build
- Remove the old floor pan halves (always replaced no matter the condition)
- Clean and removal all old sound deadening and tar sealer
- Sand Blast the tunnel and rear torsion / frame head areas
- Etch prime to stop any surface rust forming
- If required, Shorten the Tunnel to the required length for the selected kit, done by step cut and gusseting.
- Fit hand brake re-enforcing and gusset kit
- Supply and Fit Heavy Duty stock style VW Floor pan
- Fit a Hand Brake re-enforcing plate kit
- Prime all metal areas
- Clean and apply U-Pol Raptor lining ( Black)
***Customers must supply their own core/pan.***
Once we have the floor pan built, we build it through to rolling so it is ready to take your kit.
- Period 5 Stud ( 5 x 4.75) mag wheels and new BFG A/T tires
- 4 Wheel Disc Brakes with e-brake
- DOT Approved braided stainless Steel flex lines and new hard lines custom fitted.
- Fully Rebuild Ball Joint front beam with TRW Steering box.
- Modified shift tube
- New pedals, master cylinder and brake resouvoir
- New Hand brake and cables
- Meyers Manx H/Brake boot and bracket
- Rebuilt IRS trailing arms with new bearing, bushings, nuts, clips etc.
Basically, fit your engine and body, and away you go! No need to get to dirty. You know when you're done that your Meyers Manx kit is built on the best Type 1 Floor pan out there and ready to go for years to come.
Any Questions feel free to call us today!! (760) 749-6321
***Does not include Motor or Transmission***
***Customer must supply Rolling donor pan for build.***